Your favourite design talks...

daytona

I'm a massive fan of watching design lectures. As a student it's important to suck up all the info and advice you can. so... I thought it might be nice to have a thread to share and discuss our favourite design vids.

[video=vimeo;9084072]https://vimeo.com/9084072[/video]

Though It's hard to pick just one, the best vid I saw recently was Michael Bierut's talk on clients. I just love his no-nonsense, common sense approach.

I look forward to seeing who inspires you as designers.

I went to a 4 designers conference in London a few years back, where the guest talker was Michael Wolfe. (Wolfe Olins). His talk was actually pretty funny, he didn't show us much work, but seem to remember him speaking about a theoretical house with 4 rooms and specific parts of the design process that take part in each of the rooms. Great insight into the mind of the man.

I recently went to a D&AD talk by Erik Kessels (KesselsKramer). It was hilarious, and he looked just like Doc Brown from Back to the Future. There's no video that I know of, but Creative Review did a write up of it Creative Review - Understanding Erik

There's a meet up in Manchester every-so-often called Blab, where they get local designers to give talks. They're pretty good. Recently they had Peter Saville and Vaughn Oliver on the same night, but the talks were pretty so-so for me.

I also saw Kate Moross give a talk in London a few months back. That was really insightful actually. Again, no video though :p

Back