Wordpress Theme Help please

Hi guys, I'm currently updating my site from being joomla based to now Wordpress. I've got the theme and have customised it accordingly.

One problem - In the portfolio section of the site I can't seem to get each entry to go into the correct category...for example my web work is appearing in my identity work and vice versa...I also want to remove the text from underneath the images so that it only appears when you click the image to view more...

Anyone have any ideas? I'm not familiar with HTML etc at all so just need a friendly fellow designer on here to have a look and spot what I've done wrong. Shouldn't take more than 5-10minutes I'd imagine.

Check it out here Fries With That | Daniel Blackman | Creative Designer

Thanks

Dan

I'll have a look over it a bit later on for you if you want. Been totally absorbed in Wordpress for a while now.

First thing I'd do is go into the settings and create custom permalinks so you can read in plain English whereabouts the fils are located. Something like /%category%/%postname% should do it.

It looks to me as though all the posts are being shown no matter which category I've selected. How does the theme ask you to create portfolio pieces? Are they custom post types or just standard posts that are in a 'portfolio' category?

First thing I'd do is go into the settings and create custom permalinks so you can read in plain English whereabouts the fils are located. Something like /%category%/%postname% should do it.

It looks to me as though all the posts are being shown no matter which category I've selected. How does the theme ask you to create portfolio pieces? Are they custom post types or just standard posts that are in a 'portfolio' category?

Hi Paul, thanks for the reply. I'm really no familiar with anything web design related in all fairness so will have a look into the permalinks. The portfolio entries are being entered just through a standard portfolio category and then being linked through the necessary category. Not sure if that's any help though?

Dan

Simply put /%category%/%postname% into the custom permalink structure from Settings > Permalinks in your WP admin screen.

This will replace the ugly p?=162 style of permalinks with legible (and SEO friendly) keywords using from your category slug and your post title.

As for the actual problem, I'm not sure what it could be. Was it a free theme we could take a look at or is it a premium one?

Thanks for the help Paul, should all be much tidier now! :icon_smile:

As for the theme - it's a premium one I've purchased and am customising.

I'll drop you a PM now.

Dan

Simply put /%category%/%postname% into the custom permalink structure from Settings > Permalinks in your WP admin screen.

This will replace the ugly p?=162 style of permalinks with legible (and SEO friendly) keywords using from your category slug and your post title.

As for the actual problem, I'm not sure what it could be. Was it a free theme we could take a look at or is it a premium one?

Back