Where do I go for work

Just spending some time looking over the various sites for some new clients/work and I noticed People Per Hour. It seems that you can quote on work there, which seems a good idea when work is slow.

Does anyone else know of other sites similar that I can go to to get new clients.

Ta

People per hour is a waste of bloody time. You'll get undercut. No matter how cheap you are, you'll get undercut. Or asked to design a logo for 2p, for which 60 people will bid. If anyone's found it to be any different, let me know. The best way to get new biz- get a good portfolio together and go out and see people.

Thanks Boss. I am taking a look. SparkCreative you seem to be correct. Everyone wants the earth for a tenner!!! slave labour if you ask me. Oh well. I will keep trawling the tinternet.

People per hour is a waste of bloody time. You'll get undercut. No matter how cheap you are, you'll get undercut. Or asked to design a logo for 2p, for which 60 people will bid. If anyone's found it to be any different, let me know. The best way to get new biz- get a good portfolio together and go out and see people.

Agreed that the majority of the jobs are a waste of time, but if you're selective and only look for the few that have a fair budget then it's surprising what chances a good, well-written bid can get you.

To me, the ones with a fair budget are the ones who are realistic and aren't just looking for the cheapest option and, if you can bid fairly but also sell yourself well then I think those are also the ones who will be happy to pay slightly more than the lowest bids to form a working relationship with you.

Though yes, nine times out of ten they are a waste of time!

And you may laugh. But I have just won a job from PPH 1 sided flyer £70

Not that bad after all. Even minus the £15.00 fee.

I will second Spark Creative on that. People Per Hour is not worth the effort. Tried it a couple of years ago.

But then again it was fairly new then. So who knows maybe it has gotten better since.

Last edited:
First job I clicked on had this description

I'm looking for a photoshop expert,
Im going to send you 19-20 pictures
and you need to make that into 1 picture with your own creative mind
it has to show all these pictures in that picture and it has to look good cant be some crappy work handed to me

contact asap

Vague or what?!

Last edited:
Also...

I am looking for someone to make it look like one of my friends is getting a lap dance from a stripper. It has to look legit! I am looking for someone that can make it look to the naked eye that this is a real picture. I am looking for someone with serious skills because i do not have them.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Back