What the Font is that???!!!

I think it's a mish-mash of fonts.

Pump Std is correct for the E and a font called Arch looks like the HAM. And the rest appears to be Bauhaus.

Using that method I'm pretty close, I just don't have the right weight of Bauhaus for the R or the P or the L

It's damn close though. Not entirely happy with the M either.

That is a damn fine effort. The customer tells me he did it himself years ago and it was only one font but he can't remember which one.

I doubt it's all one font, simply because the font characteristics don't show it is. The Bar on the P and R end short, so in a font, it would also happen on all the letters with bars, A, B, E, H, etc. you can even see on the D where the curve doesn't meet the end.

Also the roundness of the A, P and R would be similar, and they are not.

The E and S should have the same curves too, but they are clearly different.

If it was a font from years ago, it might have been a free font that was bastardised a lot.

I've checked numerous times, and my personal collection of over 10,000 fonts and this is the only way I can make up the logo, as none of the online resources brings me close, or my personal collection does not have this font, which I built this collection over 20 years.

I've checked numerous times, and my personal collection of over 10,000 fonts and this is the only way I can make up the logo, as none of the online resources brings me close, or my personal collection does not have this font, which I built this collection over 20 years.

Woah! Now that's called collection! amazing! but if you want a font that you don't remember the name of that font then how do you find out that font? Do you look one by one or something else?

Woah! Now that's called collection! amazing! but if you want a font that you don't remember the name of that font then how do you find out that font? Do you look one by one or something else?

Take a screen grab and upload it here

Adobe Typekit has a similar service.

If no hits there, I can then go through the fonts using Universal Type Client (which is just a font manager for Mac) and you can type in the words there and start looking one by one.

That's the easy way, not compared to 20 years ago. I had to print out binders of all the fonts in my collections.

Each binder dedicated to a different nomenclature, and then alphabetically ordered within the binders.

Looked this up because who knows this right!?
Serif: Old Style, Transitional, Neoclassical, Slab, Clarendon, Glyphic.
Sans Serif: Grotesque, Square, Humanistic, Geometric
Script: Formal, Casual, Calligraphic, Blackletter
Decorative: Grunge, Psycheldelic, Graffiti

For example, I used to have a Serif binder, and each of the styles in that classification would be tabbed (Old, Trans, Neo, Slab, Clarendon, Glyphic). Then each font alphabetically sorted in each style. Meant if I was looking for a neoclassical serif font to match to, I just went to that section of the binder with the type sample and find the font or the nearest I had in my library.

Back in those days you couldn't just go online and download a font for free, or even buy the font, or even sneakily acquire it. You would need order the font set from a type foundry. We didn't have the internet when I started out, so buying fonts was a tricky ordeal.

Typically we just went with whatever was the closest match to the sample provided.

Well, that's basically how my digitial library is sorted too. Taking the time to sort your fonts into the nomenclature makes it easier to find a particular style or even the font or a similar font.

Fun huh!

Back in those days you couldn't just go online and download a font for free, or even buy the font, or even sneakily acquire it. You would need order the font set from a type foundry. We didn't have the internet when I started out, so buying fonts was a tricky ordeal.

Typically we just went with whatever was the closest match to the sample provided.

Now the internet is the most important thing in my life. I can't even imagine without internet for 1s. By the way, your experience was amazing!

Back