What should I expect from my Logo Designer?

albany

I am looking to get a logo designed. Budget is small and we're not expecting the earth, but it's for a not-for-profit project and want it to still be a decent piece of work that covers all bases. The logo will be used on a website, social media, favicon, letterheads and POS stuff like mugs and sweaters.

Please can someone who knows more about this stuff fill me in on the standard files we should be expecting from the person we hire? Advice much appreciated. Thank you.

hankscorpio

Staff member
Standard software is Illustrator - so your file format should be .ai - but a lot of people still use .eps.

You should receive your logo in a various array
1 spot colour and also as spot colours (anyone)
1 colour black
1 colour white
1 CMYK

You should also receive
PNG
JPG
for social media and Ms Office.

There's probably a few more bits but that's the basics.

satyaprakash

Your business logo represents your business and it is unique and simple. It's designed in such a manner that is being always remembered. It speaks about your business completely.

albany

Standard software is Illustrator - so your file format should be .ai - but a lot of people still use .eps.

You should receive your logo in a various array
1 spot colour and also as spot colours (anyone)
1 colour black
1 colour white
1 CMYK

You should also receive
PNG
JPG
for social media and Ms Office.

There's probably a few more bits but that's the basics.
Many thanks Hank - that's a great help.

Is there any way you could could link me to a sample folder submission from a logo editor doing a piece of work for a client? It would be useful to have a look at these files.