What are your thoughts on this Ganjifa Card Design ?

nayan

So i recently did this ganjifa card design,its for a game called ganjifa and its a traditional game in Mysore,India.And its for a Digital Game Version of it.
I would like to know your thoughts on this.

KieCollins

yeah defo mate its cool tho, did you use graphics tablet or mouse for that? shocks me how good some poeple are using just the mouse.

nayan

As you can see its kind of abstract art,So i created most of its part using simple forms like triangle or square etc in illustrator,But also had to create most of the parts using other method.
I Kind off knew i had to bring a mughal ancient indian kind of feel to it,Also its a card design and i had to create a king.So i started created some arts like standing king,sleeping king ;P etc,and then i selected this design and then started detailing it.

Paul Murray

Ultimate Member
I'd make the yellow pattern around the outside the same colour as his clothing. Also, these, bits should match the background colour:

Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 14.52.26.png

nayan

I'd make the yellow pattern around the outside the same colour as his clothing. Also, these, bits should match the background colour:

View attachment 6191
I was also trying to do that and the color before was different,but the client is saying to make look more royal etc,and saying to change the color again and again.
the background and outlines are kind of client versions.Thanks a lot for your feedback btw.