WEDDING INVITATION: ADVICE.. Come in, lets chat =D tea or coffee?

Peter_su88

So too lovely friends of mine asked me to design their wedding invitations. I am so honoured. i can not do a crap job.

we're on a low budget, going on the DIY path, 100% handmade. (Professional printers might be a option.depending on the outcome) Purple and Ivory colour theme.

So it's my 1st time doing this and i want to do it to my very BEST!

-any advice on where to look for inspiration?
-Paper stock?
-Envelopes?
-Ideas?
-Cheap Printing ?

How many are you planning to produce?

My immediate suggestion is the Conqueror ranges - but this will be budget dependent.

You can get a ton of off-the-peg materials for this sort of thing from somewhere like Hobbycraft which you can then overprint at home/in your office.

You can get a range of 'pearlescent' papers/light weight boards (Conqueror do some and perhaps G S Smith) which look really good especially when printed - litho or digital. If it's low budget I would suggest digital.

I'd look along the lines of printing out the text part on your desktop printer using appropriate font/colour. Then glue this to the centre of some pre-cut purple/silver/pearlescent DL sized pieces of card. Place another piece on the front and then wrap with silver ribbon or thread/cotton.

I did this using 3mm thick grey card with two colours of cotton for my own wedding invites. My design team and design director thought they were fantastic?

It's all about the theme/taste that your friends have in mind - have you talked to them about it?

One thing to remember though is that as much as the budget is low/minimal, the happy couple will be paying £1000s for catering, hall, DJ/band etc...so £150 on materials isn't going to hurt! :)

thank youuuuuuuuu all. veryy much appreciated

I am producing 50 invitations.

I'll definitely have a look a conqueror.

The thing is its not a problem for me to make it look lovely but i would prefer something that has a 'concept' behind the design but i'm trying to figure out something nice and clever about the couple but there just isn't anything special, or something that resembles them which i can visually portray.....

...it bugs me. and i don't want to force an idea. if you know what i mean.

Back