Website Review

what did you use to test please ?
I didn't. I just looked at your code and first line told me it fails. You don't specify a language.
But a quick check using WCAG tools also gives a contrast error and ARIA warnings. That being said, fighting for compliance is often a fruitless task on complex sites. Especially those using scripts to provide functionality.
....puts a disabled person at a substantial disadvantage in relation to a relevant matter in comparison with persons who are not disabled
That doesn't mean you have to use alt text. It never has. If the text content of a page is sufficient for a disabled person to use without non-text content then you are compliant.

While this is an interesting duscussion none of it is going to help @scottsinclair - if they want an effective site they need to stop using wix.

I didn't. I just looked at your code and first line told me it fails. You don't specify a language.
But a quick check using WCAG tools also gives a contrast error and ARIA warnings. That being said, fighting for compliance is often a fruitless task on complex sites. Especially those using scripts to provide functionality.

That doesn't mean you have to use alt text. It never has. If the text content of a page is sufficient for a disabled person to use without non-text content then you are compliant.

While this is an interesting duscussion none of it is going to help @scottsinclair - if they want an effective site they need to stop using wix.

very true they need to look at an alternative to wix.

It all depends on the nature of the site, there are many factors they need considering, not all images require as detailed descriptive text it it is covered well in the main flow but if the main text does not explain what is being displayed then ALT and or Title should be used to allow the same experience.

With the company saying they undertake website design and development I would have thought they would have coded it themselves.

Back