Website needs fixing but I don't know the correct terms

alltoids

Here is the website where I work
I think the print is too big. The pictures should get smaller if I make the print smaller.
I'm told, I don't know what I'm talking about. The website is optimized for all devices.

It’s not only the font site. Just about everything on the site needs sorting to make it properly responsive. And there are multiple other issues that would make the site more useable.

But nothing we say here or anywhere else will make any difference. Whoever was in charge of the project will not want to hear anything negative. Especially as they no doubt spent a lot of money on the website.

The website was done internally. I have gotten other major things changed at work. They won't want to hear criticism but I've already given them plenty. But I need to word it better. I know the pictures are screwed up because they used absolute spacing instead of relative but I need to say it better.

I know the pictures are screwed up because they used absolute spacing instead of relative but I need to say it better.
Not at all sure what you mean here. Images will not resize when you change the font size, that not how CSS works.

Different issues.

1. I would prefer if the site had used a default font size that was smaller, such as 12 pt.

2. When I pull up the website, if I want to see more information on the page, I use [ctrl] and use the wheel on my mouse to decrease the size. The font gets tiny but the picture spaces remain the same. I would like it to be more like the Columbus Ohio website:

I can enlarge the entire page or reduce it all the way down.

I've checked the RITA site again and everything zooms - just like the Columbus site. So not sure why it's not working for you. It's set to 100% width and used display:flex. Columbus has a narrower 974px content container and uses display:grid so it behaves differently but zooming works correctly on both.

Font sizes should never be set in px. A website should have a base font size set in em, rem or event %. Everything else should be set relative to the base font size. This means the font will use the browser default and only need one CSS rule to make it responsive.

Depending on your browser, you can set your own default font size.

Will wonders never cease... They just updated the website and fixed some of what I complained about.

Still dislike the big default font, the streaming text, and stupid big changing picture.

When I have time to play with my own websites, I will use information I am learning on his forum.

Back