Waving, not drowning

RaRaAvisPress

I’m 54, Welsh-Canadian, and a full-time house-sitter/pet-sitter so I can keep my overheads down while I chivvy my little business along. I’m a writer, editor, cover designer, indie publisher, and illustrator (digital collage). I used to be a human rights lawyer and international education programme manager. I quit working for other people in late 2018 so I could start making my dreams come true. Both my parents died this year of Covid+pre-existing illnesses, friends have died, animals I sat have died (not while I was sitting them I hasten to add!), it’s been quite a year and it’s been hard to work, let alone expand. But I’m getting back on the horse this month, more determined than ever, more aware than ever that things must be done while they can be. Good to be here, now I’ve stumbled across you via a Google Search.

Attachments

I’m 54, Welsh-Canadian, and a full-time house-sitter/pet-sitter so I can keep my overheads down while I chivvy my little business along. I’m a writer, editor, cover designer, indie publisher, and illustrator (digital collage). I used to be a human rights lawyer and international education programme manager. I quit working for other people in late 2018 so I could start making my dreams come true. Both my parents died this year of Covid+pre-existing illnesses, friends have died, animals I sat have died (not while I was sitting them I hasten to add!), it’s been quite a year and it’s been hard to work, let alone expand. But I’m getting back on the horse this month, more determined than ever, more aware than ever that things must be done while they can be. Good to be here, now I’ve stumbled across you via a Google Search.
Hello and welcome!

Sorry to hear about your loss. This year has certainly put things into perspective, hasn't it? It's definitely a time to follow those dreams.

Lots of luck with your little business.