Wagamamas Tshirt ReDesign Campaign

Georgina Martin

Hi guys, I'm new to this but I'd like to tell you about a competition I'm promoting at the moment.

I know that there is a section within the forum to present this competition, but this isn't my competition, I'm just helping to promote it, and what I'm interested in is your views on the campaign. Would it suite you as designers? Have a read see what you think.

Wagamamas are running a competition to find a talented young designer who will re-design the Wagamama staff uniform.

The Positive Design campaign is designed to increase the brand awareness by embracing the restaurant’s quirkiness and creativity and its desire to support young creativity.

The campaign launched on Oct 1st 2009 and closes on 12th November – it is open for a 6 week period.

About the competition:

The Positive Design competition by by Wagamama is giving students at your university the chance to submit designs online. An edesign will be chosen at the end of the competition.

The winner will receive:
- £1000
- 1-2 week work experience with contaainer plus – a multi disciplinary design collective
- See their design in every wagamama in the UK
Please note they do not need to be students

If I could have some feedback about the competition, what do you think? Do you think its a good idea? I'm a student myself and I think its a great opportunity for young designers to get their ideas out there.

Thanks Georgina.

Back