Wacom Intuos Pro - Medium or large?

Feyspire

Hi

I'm looking to upgrade from my small Wacom Bamboo to an Intuos Pro. However I can't decide if I should go for the medium or large version.

I like to do a lot of full page detailed illustration using Photoshop. So far my Bamboo has been great, but I sometimes feel a bit restricted due to the size, and I do like to often use long brush strokes which can be a bit frustrating.

I've been looking at the Intuos Pro as the next logical step up. I like the look of the large version, but I'm thinking it may be too big! However I am use to working on A4 and A3 sketch pads, so maybe this will not feel so strange?

Are they any digital illustrators here with any experience using the Intuos medium and large?

Any advice and opionions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I've been using the same Intuos 3 Medium (A5 working area) for years and find it plenty big enough. I have toyed with the idea of going Large too, but am worried about the amount of room it takes up - don't forget that
the large may have a nice A4 working area, but its footprint is A3+.

I do a bit of painting in Ps and just zoom in and out when I need to do large strokes. You may find a larger monitor is more useful than a larger tablet.

I've been using the same Intuos 3 Medium (A5 working area) for years and find it plenty big enough. I have toyed with the idea of going Large too, but am worried about the amount of room it takes up - don't forget that
the large may have a nice A4 working area, but its footprint is A3+.

I do a bit of painting in Ps and just zoom in and out when I need to do large strokes. You may find a larger monitor is more useful than a larger tablet.

I couldn't agree more! I use the smaller Intuos too and was worried that it would be too small, but it just isn't.

Back