Void Sector (Work in Progress)

Tony Hardy

Hi everyone,

It's been ages since I've put anything up for critique as I've been happily plodding along with my clients and in my comfort zone. Lately though, I've been working on a fairly big project, designing a browser based game with a client, from concept to completion.

The graphic design, logo, adverts, promotion etc has all been going smoothly and now I'm onto designing the main website for the game from scratch.

Obviously this is a work in progress. Any thoughts so far?

0019_template01.jpg

Looking pretty good so far. not too reminiscent of other space games which is pretty good. I would say that the background is definatly too busy if it's going to have big images like that on top. Maybe try and more industrial/metal look on the background?

Yeah, I've been thinking that. We're not sure if, the background is going to be plain and simple with more complex images on top. Or, if the images will be plain and simple with a complex background.

I don't play online games but, when I see my kids doing so, it strikes my that the best effect is achieved when the backdrop is in sympathy with the more dynamic content: this being the case, I don't think I'd want to design the two elements in isolation.

I don't play online games but, when I see my kids doing so, it strikes my that the best effect is achieved when the backdrop is in sympathy with the more dynamic content: this being the case, I don't think I'd want to design the two elements in isolation.

Now I'm just confused :p Haha. Can you point to any examples?

Back