Vinyl toy manufacturer needed!

kirirobertson1989

Hello,

Im a third year Graphic Design student, and currently on my final project and have designed a character that I would like to become a Graphic Toy but do not know the best way to go about it.

Would anybody be able to help me out, or know where I could go for more information etc.

Many thanks!

Kiri

Post a visual and we may help. Until we see what you need we can't really advise.

Rapid protyping might be the best route its a short run. Go speak to your product design department.

mrp2049 said:
Rapid protyping might be the best route its a short run. Go speak to your product design department.
rapid prototyping or 3D printing (a slightly cheaper option - especially for one off's) would be the way I would be heading too. Having said that neither is really that cheap and you really do need to have a 3D (CAD) model to work from.
Just make sure you go for the right type of process as 3D printing comes in atleast 2 different options (glue and sand or a kind of resin).

Having said that the op doesn't say at what level they're doing this work or how much they're prepared to spend so would agree we need some more info.

I think a drawing and clay would be a great place to start.

I did some models for a uni project, I used playdough and then drew then vectored them in illy.

Back