VAT calculator: request for feedback

Is it handy to work out VAT on this calculator?

• Total voters
I like the remove VAT option, obviously there is a calculation to do this but I always struggle with that one. Bookmarked :giggle:

It's very handy. Thanks.

One thing, when I put in Ireland - where I am from - the £ symbol is still there. Possible to have a €?

It's very handy. Thanks.

One thing, when I put in Ireland - where I am from - the £ symbol is still there. Possible to have a €?

Thanks! I'll try to make a drop-down list of countries with their VAT rates. If the user selects the desired country, then I will show the corresponding currency.

Honest opinion... I don't see a need for it in it's current format.

If I already know the vat rate, it's literally 2 seconds on a calculator to work out before/after vat (hell you even show the formula on the page). Anybody who uses excel to do their accounts with even a basic knowledge of excel can have a spreadsheet set up like you offer for free and those with more advanced skills will have even more complicated/linked sheets within the excel file.

What I wouldn't mind though is either a tool or a drop down/list of all the different vat levels for each country because trying to remember all of the 'exempt' or 'reduced' things can get tiring lol... Utilities is 5% for example if below a threshold in the UK (it's 33kWh electric per day so most of us on this forum would be 5% not 20%.) and there are others which are either lower than 20% or exempt.

The other question is marketing. How do you plan to promote your website? There is already a lot of competition so getting ranked on Google isn't going to be easy.

It could be an API to be linked with accounting or estimating software. We deal with printers across the world, USA, China, Singapore, India, Italy, Germany etc. Be super handy to pull out their tax rates into an estimate. I presume.

Back