UPS for wide format printers (Uninterruptible Power Supply)

rustydiver

Does anyone use a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) for their wide format printers.
Ive been out to the office a few times in the morning and we must have had a power cut, printers needed to be turned on.
It will be for my T930 and epson p8000, which both draw about 200w, I was looking for a 400w ish one.

It will be for my T930 and epson p8000, which both draw about 200w, I was looking for a 400w ish one.
Picking a UPS isn't that simple...

1: You'd need to support more than 400W, usually about 25-50% more to allow for spikes
2: You'd need to know how long you need battery power (for context an APC Smart UPS 1500VA will only do around 25-30 mins with 400W draw)
3. Your intended usage

If all you want to do is keep the printers on 'stand by' over night (personally think this is pretty eco unfriendly) then you can get away with a fairly simple one but if you want to keep printing during a powercut it's going to need to be pretty beefy.

Picking a UPS isn't that simple...

1: You'd need to support more than 400W, usually about 25-50% more to allow for spikes
2: You'd need to know how long you need battery power (for context an APC Smart UPS 1500VA will only do around 25-30 mins with 400W draw)
3. Your intended usage

If all you want to do is keep the printers on 'stand by' over night (personally think this is pretty eco unfriendly) then you can get away with a fairly simple one but if you want to keep printing during a powercut it's going to need to be pretty beefy.
Thanks, both printers are always left on overnight on standby, never left running overnight, it was just to protect them when a power cut happens also acts as a surge protector.
They both only draw 210w The HP is 125w, Epson 85w. So 400 should be ok.

Back