Tracing with Pen

davy_yg

Hello,

I have a picture of a fish that I place in AI and trying to tracing it with art tablet pen tool. Yet, as I tried to trace it it didn't go as smooth as I expect. Multiple times appears a blinking grey circle and the brush stop drawing the black paint line. Any idea why ?

The capture screen is attached.

Attachments

• Fish.png
    Fish.png
    179 KB · Views: 13
IMO it looks like you're catching the 'right click' button on your pen/tablet because you've also got the a menu starting to show in the image.

This may be too obvious but are you left-handed and you simply keep catching the express keys menu with your left hand? It can be turned off or turned round the other way.

When I first got my wacom 3 tablet I wasn't overly keen on the pen because I kept catching the 'right click button' on the side, I actually switched over to the airbrush pen it was that bad at the beginning. It got better over time though.

This may be too obvious but are you left-handed and you simply keep catching the express keys menu with your left hand? It can be turned off or turned round the other way.
I am right handed and I didn't touch the buttons on the pen. Is the problem with the pen, software, or I just use it incorrectly?

IMO it looks like you're catching the 'right click' button on your pen/tablet because you've also got the a menu starting to show in the image.
This is strange. I just bought a new art tablet pen and the same still appears. When I tried to trace the fish with a pen it didn't redraw the fish smoothly with the pen in AI. Any idea why? Am I using the AI software correctly ?

When I first got my wacom 3 tablet I wasn't overly keen on the pen because I kept catching the 'right click button' on the side, I actually switched over to the airbrush pen it was that bad at the beginning. It got better over time though.
What should I do then, the first pen touch pen shows the white circle and the pen didn't shows the black ink until later. It makes me having a hard time drawing a continuous black ink.

This is strange. I just bought a new art tablet pen and the same still appears. When I tried to trace the fish with a pen it didn't redraw the fish smoothly with the pen in AI. Any idea why? Am I using the AI software correctly ?
If it's the same pen style there's nothing to say you're not doing the same as before.

What should I do then, the first pen touch pen shows the white circle and the pen didn't shows the black ink until later. It makes me having a hard time drawing a continuous black ink.
Honestly without having access to your equipment we can only offer up possible reasons.

You haven't even told us the brand of the tablet and the only reason I know you're using windows 11 is because you've got that ugly windows 11 UI at the bottom, hell the issue could just be windows 11. Tell us more about the hardware etc too.

I am using Huion H420 Tablet

Laptop Intel Core i5 16 GB NVIDIA GeForce

Will another pen style creates a better writing? Previously I bought XP Pen Artist but it is uncompatible with my tablet therefore I return the pen and buy a pen that is compatible with my tablet.

Somehow I manage to draw better with the same pen even if not as good as I expected. The pen doesn't goes as smooth as I thought. That white circle repeatedly turn on.

Surely if it's a lagging problem then something needs updating ie Adobe or laptop etc and nothing to do with the pen or tablet?

Did this happen to you before when using brushes in Ai. Does the same happen if you use the pen tool for instance?

I am using Huion H420 Tablet

Laptop Intel Core i5 16 GB NVIDIA GeForce

Will another pen style creates a better writing? Previously I bought XP Pen Artist but it is uncompatible with my tablet therefore I return the pen and buy a pen that is compatible with my tablet.

Somehow I manage to draw better with the same pen even if not as good as I expected. The pen doesn't goes as smooth as I thought. That white circle repeatedly turn on.
That H420 is tiny so you're going to have issues with pen movement versus screen scaling etc, it's also more aimed at signatures rather than drawing. Yes I know it says it works but it's a 4x2.25 inch drawing area, my phone screen is larger....

Huion will only work with Huion pens, same with most brands will only work with their own brand pens.

Last driver for the h420 was December 2018 meaning you're using outdated drivers, especially for windows 11, which are likely the main cause of your issues. You likely need to get a more up to date model to fix your issues.

Back