Tracing with Pen

davy_yg

Hello,

I have a picture of a fish that I place in AI and trying to tracing it with art tablet pen tool. Yet, as I tried to trace it it didn't go as smooth as I expect. Multiple times appears a blinking grey circle and the brush stop drawing the black paint line. Any idea why ?

The capture screen is attached.

Attachments

• Fish.png
    Fish.png
    179 KB · Views: 7

Levi

Staff member
IMO it looks like you're catching the 'right click' button on your pen/tablet because you've also got the a menu starting to show in the image.

Wardy

This may be too obvious but are you left-handed and you simply keep catching the express keys menu with your left hand? It can be turned off or turned round the other way.

Levi

Staff member
When I first got my wacom 3 tablet I wasn't overly keen on the pen because I kept catching the 'right click button' on the side, I actually switched over to the airbrush pen it was that bad at the beginning. It got better over time though.

davy_yg

This may be too obvious but are you left-handed and you simply keep catching the express keys menu with your left hand? It can be turned off or turned round the other way.
I am right handed and I didn't touch the buttons on the pen. Is the problem with the pen, software, or I just use it incorrectly?