Time Tracking?

bigdave

Can anyone recommend a simple time/project tracking app for mac?

I've just taken on a client on a retainer and we've agreed that part of my monthly invoice will include a schedule of work completed. I could keep a spreadsheet but that seemed a little clunky so I've been looking at time tracking apps. I've used clockify and teamwork in the past but that was as part of a large team working on multiple projects for a number of clients, so much of the functionality is surplus to requirements given that it's a single client and a single freelancer.

I use Harvest https://www.getharvest.com/

There's a Mac App that sits in your control bar.

On the online app you can create jobs, with job nos. and track time - get reports and do all that.

Example timeline report - it does show Total Hours, Internal Costs, Uninvoiced amount etc.

You can setup tasks to be Billable, or Non-Billable. For example, we have non-billable tasks that we do FOC, like a preflight check. We track the time, but it doesn't get added to the final cost.
So we could say have 1 hour prepress check, and 5 hours design.

There's a start and stop timer - you can configure the time to round up to the nearest half hour.

It's really quite intuitive.

You can setup your Time, Projects, a Team, get reports, generate Invoices, issue estimates.

It's very cheap to purchase.

...but isn't time just an illusion?

If that's the case then a time tracker isn't real either and isn't worth the money.

...but isn't time just an illusion?

If that's the case then a time tracker isn't real either and isn't worth the money.

It can't be an illusion, as you can't see an event until it has happened, and once it has happened it's in the past, so you have to phrase it using past tense. Therefore, it happened in a phase of time that is in the past, but you can never see an event before it happened as it hasn't happened yet.

Therefore, time is not an illusion.

giphy.gif

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 1
It can't be an illusion, as you can't see an event until it has happened, and once it has happened it's in the past, so you have to phrase it using past tense. Therefore, it happened in a phase of time that is in the past, but you can never see an event before it happened as it hasn't happened yet.

Therefore, time is not an illusion.

giphy.gif

I Googled it and it said it was and it is because it says so on the internet.

Back