The difference between Case study and Portfolio/Work

Polytheist

I'm trying to give a title to a HTML page that exhibits some of my latest web/graphic work samples. Can the title be something like "case study" rather than "portfolio/work"? why?

I'm trying to give a title to a HTML page that exhibits some of my latest web/graphic work samples. Can the title be something like "case study" rather than "portfolio/work"? why?
Have you considered "showcase"?

Although from a 'google search' standpoint portfolio would likely be better.

For instance... A title like "Showcase of Completed Web & Graphic Works"
Right?
Forgive me if this thread is a little bit off-topic. Just wanna find a very formal/fancy noun to use as page title. I think it is ok to use a noun like "showcase"
Thanks... I like it.

Title or H1?

The two have different purposes.

The title is what Google sees first and is what displays in the search results

The h1 introduces the page just before your opening paragraph.

My suggestions would be:

<title>Polytheist Web and Graphic Portfoio</title>
<h1>Portfolio of recent web and graphic work</h1>

Each image should be captioned and link to a case study page with details about the work. In addition make sure each image has a title and alt text.

Thank you Fisicx

The whole website is "one-page". The visitors can view my latest artworks when they scroll down the website.

If you want to generate enquiries a one page site isn’t a good idea. You need case studies, an about me page, testimonials, contact forms and maybe even a blog. Effective sites breadth and depth.

Good morning Fisicx.
Sorry if you misunderstood me. I was talking about a "Parallax" template (also knwon as "one-page")
The link below might help you understand what I really mean by "Parallax/One-Page"

The purpose of this thread is finding/choosing a unique word to use as "headline" of my website's portfolio page. Most websites use words like "portfolio" or "work" for the page that exhibits their latest artworks. But I just wanna know if words like "showcase" or "case study" have the same meaning.

To me, I interpret a case study as something that goes into your process of working on a project. Kind of like how you got there.

A showcase being something more like a portfolio showing examples of what you've done.

At least that's how I'd see it.

A case study is a page about a single project.

A portfolio is a list of the work you have done.

A showcase is an example of what you can do, often a video or slideshow.

I know what a parallax theme. They were popular for a short while but have now fallen out of favour because they were ineffective. Parallax isn’t the same as a one page site. Parallax described a JavaScript effect where the content scrolled over fixed backgrounds. None of the examples on the page you linked were one page sites, they all have a navigation system.

Apologies for going off topic.

The purpose of this thread is finding/choosing a unique word to use as "headline" of my website's portfolio page. Most websites use words like "portfolio" or "work" for the page that exhibits their latest artworks. But I just wanna know if words like "showcase" or "case study" have the same meaning.

I use "Selected Work" as my headline, implying it's just that, a selection taken from a larger body of work. If you're bothered about SEO then use something people will likely search for.

"Showcase" doesn't feel right to me, it's not really a common term in design. "Portfolio" would be better, or even just 'Work".

I'd only use "Case Studies" if the individual work pages are actual case studies, i.e. they go into detail about what you did, how you did it and what problems you addressed rather than just showing off the design as a visual piece. Here's an example of a case study for a website I deisgned and built a few years back. I tried to explain my design process because I'm trying to attract a certain type of client whilst also demonstrating my knowledge. If you just have a few images of the final designs and a couple of paragraphs then that's not really what I'd expect to find in a case study.

Back