That Old Chestnut...

Currently doing a branding design project for a client.. he bought his wife to the meeting. Big mistake!

Half way through the meeting she uttered the dreaded words ‘im a bit artistitc’ implying that she will help with the creative process. Brilliant! Turns out she did a fashion degree. Anyway now what would be a straight forward bit of logo design has turned into some atrocity. It would have been clean and contemporary but now she wants ‘lots of colour’ and ‘prisms’. Not that that has anything really to do with the brand.

Are we allowed to swear here? Because I just really want to shout ‘fuck off’ very loud down the phone right about now.

I hate it when you get people like that sticking their noses into the design process. Its good to have feedback but basically insytrucitng you what to do is a night mare and ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS screws up the end result!

I feel your pain devolutiondesigns, nothing worse than this.

Its funny isn't it, I've done quite alot of DIY yet if I employed builders there's no way I'd dream of butting in and saying "actually lads let me show you how its done, cos I've put a shelf up you know"

Fucking crazy.

I feel your pain devolutiondesigns, nothing worse than this.

Its funny isn't it, I've done quite alot of DIY yet if I employed builders there's no way I'd dream of butting in and saying "actually lads let me show you how its done, cos I've put a shelf up you know"

Fucking crazy.

lol exactly. But everyone thinks they can do a bit of design. Bloody infuriating, but it will never change. The secret is learning how to handle it and still get a good result. If anyone knows how to do that, please let me know!

Back