Survey as part of dissertation

Draig

Hi All,

I am a student at the University of Winchester studying an MA in Digital Media. As part of my dissertation about animation I am conducting a survey in about images.

Here it is:

Images* Survey

If any of you can help me that would be much appreciated,

Thank you.

Hey, I had a look at the survey but I'm a bit unsure of what you want to know as the questions are a bit general. What sort if images are we talking about? Photos, cartoons, TV images, all of these, none of these?

Hey guys,

That's the idea, it's to see what people think when they think of the notion of an image and see what they say.

I started to fill it in then it just felt to vague. I couldn't possibly explain what images are and mean in a short survey like this.

In all honesty, I find this survey a bit bewildering: some of the questions seem to require a full-on philosophical response whereas others appear so simplistic and obvious that they barely require a response at all.

Have you tried to complete it yourself? If so, it'd be interesting to see your sample response; if not, I recommend you give it a go.

I have taken your suggestion on board and filled out the survey myself... And what can I say I did so within a couple of minutes!

Seriously, I can't stress enough how much people seem to be over thinking it. It's really not that much of a brain tickler.

'Why do you think images exist?' is the kind of question I'd generally expect to come with a few weeks' notice and a 2,000 word limit rather than as Q1 in a two-minute survey... I think the feedback on this thread (my own included) kind of suggests that the questions would benefit from a bit more work.

If I were allocating two minutes to this, my answers would be as follows:

1. Because eyes exist
2. Because they stimulate my visual cortex
3. I like it when they look good
4. It depends
5. It depends
6. Everything in the apparently random list above and more

How did I do?

If you don't want something over analysed then it's probably best not to ask a designer. We tend to do it by nature.

Completed your survey as best i could.

Worth noting that the default answer of "boobies" works quite well as a reply for most of the questions.

Good luck with the dissertation.

I've completed it, but do agree with the guys as sometimes we simple humans need to be given a clue, or something to work with ;-) Hope the answers are helpful for you.

Back