Suitable font to use with Kefa for italics

Miles Murray

Hi All,

One of my clients have Kefa as their standard font throughout their corporate comms, which is fine, but they have recently had need to use some italics. Obviously Kefa doesn't come with an italicised version, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a font similar to Kefa, that had an italic typeface, which would work harmoniously in body copy for when italics are needed?

Any pointers appreciated

Thanks

Miles

Depending what you're designing in, you could probably get away with a 15º skew on the text.

Thanks for the reply Dave. Yes, that was my initial reaction - but they are working in Apple Pages, which seems to lack a skew option rather annoyingly.

BUGGER!!.... lol

Problem you've got is that most serif fonts get real pointy in italics and that doesn't work well with Kefa because its quite a smooth font. I did wonder about trying the Souvenir font family but even that's a bit odd looking when held up to your original font. You could possibly get away with Matt Antique - italic though?..

Thanks for your input Dave - ended up suggesting they use Cambria (if they have it) as a complete replacement for the body copy. Seems to be 'close enough' for the body copy - as long as they dont start using it as a heading font...

Back