Statcounter alternative

berry

Is there anything better than 'Statcounter' out there, without going into big fees.
Something more designed and interesting as well a better functions

Berry. Why would you use this instead of Google Analytics?

Berry, as Lee says Google Analytics is really good for a free tool - Google Analytics (although sure you know about that one!) If you're looking for something to really track your site visitors actions then there's Crazy Egg, although not used it personally have read good things about it.

There's quite a few listed on this blog post I found might be worth checking a few of the options on there, other than that I'm sure someone will be along to recommend one soon :)
Greg

mrleesimpson said:
Berry. Why would you use this instead of Google Analytics?

The web guys are very happy using statcounter, for whatever reason they see fit.
I'm just not convinced that this is the best. Not being a techie, I'm open to suggestions.
Are you saying Google Analytics is a better option?

Greg said:
Berry, as Lee says Google Analytics is really good for a free tool - Google Analytics (although sure you know about that one!)

I have to hold my hands up and say no. I don't get involved in web stuff at all apart from the creative direction and styling at the beginning. I trust the boys to find and use the right tools.

Oh ok I see, in which case I would definitely recommend Google Analytics! It has some great features, is very easy to use, and can link into AdWords campaigns. You can also setup goals to track vicitors through sections of the websites, view map overlays of where visitors are based, check search engine keywords, the list goes on and on.

I usually setup an Analytics account for each new website I code, as it's very simple to install/setup and then assign new users to the account, so for example you can view the stats and allow the client access to see them from their own gmail account. Best of all it's completely free :)

Ask your technical guys if there is any feature in particular that they like about statcounter? Perhaps there is something in statcounter that GA can't provide?

Cheers Greg.

I'd be interested in hearing why the boys uses Stat. I have to every now and then, leave my office and fire a cannon up there rears to make sure they are always running with the ball!

No problems, yes let me know and I'll check through my GA account to see if there is the equivalent of the features they like in StatCounter.

If you have a Google mail e-mail account (or sign up for one) I would be happy to add you to the Design Forums Analytics account for a couple of days so you can take a look at the Analytics setup and see all the features for yourself, just let me know.

Cheers,
Greg

Berry. Google Analytics is by far and away the best stat tracking service out there at the moment (and is even better than a lot of the paid ones).

They update every week, at least, with new features and services, plus is works in complete harmony with all the other Google WebMaster services. The best new feature is the ability to directly compare results day on day.

If you're looking for something a bit more flashy then Mint is really impressive especially if your think is userabilty design, because you can heat map the site to see how peoples mouse moves around the page and tweek your design and information layout based on that information. Plus its only $30 for a license.

Back