Simple, simple eccomerce

Ive tried Prestashop, it would be great for a full eccomerce site but Im not looking at having any features such as logins, recenet products, top prudcts - just something where the client can change and add there products.....nothing much more.

Weve got a bit muddled here! haha - I'll just quote my previous post!

Ive tried Prestashop, it would be great for a full eccomerce site but Im not looking at having any features such as logins, recenet products, top prudcts - just something where the client can change and add there products.....nothing much more.

Just 1 point, if it doesn't have a login anyone can change the products.

A nice minus figure would be nice then say an order for 200 products.
So for example what happens if the product is -£20 and someone buys 200 of them?

200 * -20 = a £4000 refund to the hackers bank account, straight from your clients allocated bank account.

Don't compramise security for cheapness of the product, as it will cost more in the end.

haha - this made me laugh - my fault though. When I said no login I meant for the user - i.e., no sign up to buy something - same as paypal shopping cart.

Obviously the client would need a login to change the products

He he sorry I just tend to see the world as everone is against me and wants to screw the site from the off, lol.

Hi Phil,

Unfortunately I don't know of any products that can plugin to an existing site, or any very simple e-commerce platforms, the thing with most e-commerce software is that it's designed to run a full site with all the added benefits and features of that, I guess that's where the money is for the software developers. At a guess I would say that smaller e-commerce jobs would be custom coded by web developers to meet exact specifications.

I've recommended a couple of e-commerce packages in Tim's thread here, but they are full e-commerce setups with built in CMS, so probably not much use for you.

Have you thought about contacting some developers to get quotes for custom systems to be bolted onto the existing site?

Thanks,
Greg

Back