Shopping carts...

Katedesign

I am thinking of building a website that will need to have a 'shopping cart' (or even a trolley!) I have heard of Zen Cart - is this any good or can anyone recommend another freebie. I am html and css literate.
Cheers

I am thinking of building a website that will need to have a 'shopping cart' (or even a trolley!) I have heard of Zen Cart - is this any good or can anyone recommend another freebie. I am html and css literate.
Cheers

Zen Cart is well-written but the admin area looks like an explosion in a link factory (or it did 2 years ago). Suggest Prestashop or Magento to be honest.

What about opencart or ecwid? ecwid is quite nice and simple and has a free option. I'm useless with HTML and CSS and I managed :icon_wink:

Zen Cart is well-written but the admin area looks like an explosion in a link factory (or it did 2 years ago). Suggest Prestashop or Magento to be honest.

I had a look at Magento and its an absolute beast - seems like the way to go for a fully featured solid project but was quite intimidating at least for me. I never really did anything with it, just downloaded it and setup the files locally to have a look at.

I had a look at Opencart also and it seemed pretty good after seeing a link to it on quite a nice looking online shop. I also downloaded the files and setup a test shop using the files provided and it seemed a lot quicker and easier to get going with it. Not sure where it ranks in the league of eccomerce solutions though. OpenCart - Open Source Shopping Cart Solution

Best Shopping carts application. you can choose any one of this.

-Magento
-OpenCart
-PrestaShop
-Zen Cart
-Drupal

Errrmmm.... Haven't we already mentioned all of these cart options in this thread... Would hate for a Moderator to think you are boosting your post count just to get a signature for backlinks :icon_wink:

haha lol corrosive. ive only ever use wp shopping cart and its worked fine for me but it can also depend on if you are selling a few things or loads of stuff if u are selling alot of stuff try magento

Our site is currently on a wp cart but we are moving to magneto as it best suits our needs their is lot of them out their you are best to do a lot of research on each one and find out which one best suits your ability to sort out and get ready etc.

I would say the easiest to possibly set up would be a wordpress cart or shopifly and magneto being one of the most difficult.

We are getting out magneto theme custom bulit and its costing around £2000 inc set up so its not really cheap either

My other half is looking to add a shopping cart to her site. I did have an url for a comparison site but can't seem to relocate it. If anyones knows one let us know.
I did come across a shortlist on a payment solutions site. (i'm not promoting them as we have yet to get a shopping cart)
{{http://payments.totalwebsolutions.com/ShoppingCarts.aspx}} (if this link in wrong place) delete it or place it somewhere useful.

Back