RGB to CMYK - help please

Haz123

Hi, I am a beginner designer and I am using Canva for now. I have designed something for a friend to print, it's in RGB, but I've found an online converter to see what it would look like in CMYK and it's a lot darker (I understand why.)
I am looking for advice on how to design it with the right RGB colours so that when it gets translated to CMYK it ends up being the correct colours?
Sorry for any ignorance, I just can't get my head around this!
Thanks in advance for any help,
Haz

Canva is shit for print.

There's nothing you can do. Except design it in cmyk.

Rgb has a different colour range than CMYK. Some rgb colours cannot exist in the cmyk color space.

It may never look the same.

Unfortunately your screen is not calibrated either, so viewing in cmyk on a rgb uncalibrated monitor is not going to help.

Highly recommend you use
Adobe
Or Affinity

You will just end up with a mess with Canva. And likely incur extra charges at print anyway.

Thank you, I appreciate your advice. I may need to consider investing in (and learning) Adobe or Affinity.

Wait till black friday before investing in adobe or affinity, if it's anything like last few years you'll likely get some black friday reductions.. in fact adobe seem to have already started

On the flip side, I recently used Canva for an online presentation and really liked it for ease of use. I'm an old school, do everything manual kind of guy so adopting new tech is a big deal for me. :)

On the flip side, I recently used Canva for an online presentation and really liked it for ease of use. I'm an old school, do everything manual kind of guy so adopting new tech is a big deal for me. :)
As said - for Print - it's not great.
You can use whatever you need for an online presentation.

Back