Reformatting dimensions of PDF to inches/centimeters in Apple Preview

agoostus

I have a deadline for a project and I feel inept and defeated because of how small my obstacle seems. I was given the following guidelines for the project:

"We need twice the contributions. Next selection: August 31th. Send us your beautiful creation, Title - by Author's name.pdf in black and white at [redacted] For Montréal the size is 72X36 in. For Nantes the size is 175X91 200 DPI minimum. No crop marks. See you soon."

As you might guess, digital graphic design is not my current forte. Suffice it to say, I haven't the foggiest how to alter the dimensions of a digital pdf. I do not presently have access to any of the adobe suite so my intention is to accomplish this (relatively rudimentary) task using the default, Apple Preview (image-viewing) application. Can someone point me in the right direction? I have tried going into Print settings under Paper Size and the icon for "Manage Custom Sizes" is opaque and inaccessible.

As I stated, I have a deadline, so if you have any help to offer I will be forever appreciative.
Warm regards,
  • ian

Back