Re-Direct Question

spottypenguin

Hi guys, just hoping to pick your brains :)

I am not a web bod by any means, I can do the odd bit but definitely not my forte. Anyhow a customer of mine has taken over a business that was effectively split in half. The other side has pretty much having all links to her business name guide them to their new site; even directly typing in her new company name wanders over to their site.

I am assuming it is a dns thang. Any advice please?

Thanks in advance

You are going to have to elaborate on that for help. Who owns domains, the website and so on? What is the setup?

Will do, shall get all the info tomorrow when I see her. I know the company was under one domain then they split up and the previous full owners started a new domain and effectively sold her the old domain. So she now owns the original domain name and website, their new website and domain is their's but is literally a direct copy of her site (all done in wordpress) with the content / relevant text changed.

Will do, shall get all the info tomorrow when I see her. I know the company was under one domain then they split up and the previous full owners started a new domain and effectively sold her the old domain. So she now owns the original domain name and website, their new website and domain is their's but is literally a direct copy of her site (all done in wordpress) with the content / relevant text changed.

Interesting. This might take some detective work but I'm sure we can find out what they have done. All being right with the world they should be starting from scratch and your client should have the SEO power but there may be something rotten with it.

You can PM me if you don't want to go public with it.

That's great, thansk for that. May well drop you a PM tomorrow when I have all the facts etc. at my fingertips :icon_cheers:

Back