Rate this logo | FIRST EVER GLOWLINE ATTEMPT

lcotto98

Guys, please rate this Logo, and Remember, This is the first time I've ever made a Glow Line Logo.

34f1l5j.jpg

The logo doesn't need a "glow line". Similar to Boss Hog, as I said on that same thread get back to basics. Don't treat a logo as a 'graphic', per se.

Hi there,

I think what you should perhaps do is;
read up on a lot of design theory and ideas (books are often better than the internet),
look into graphic design courses for colleges,
look at and get inspired by Graphic Design all around.

Maybe try and get a Pinterest account and pin all the things that inspire you to it and then share it with us so we have some ideas as to the direction you want to go in?

Don't lose heart

Yes I'm afraid I must agree...

Look - it's obvious you have a passion for design, and that's a good thing. But to make your work look more professional there are many many tips, tricks and rules to design that you'll find most of the members of this forum follow without even thinking about it - but that comes from experience.

Don't lose heart! Keep trying, fill your mind with the work and inspirations of others until it's ready to burst - and then try to figure out how these wonderful designs were achieved technically... if you struggle with that part, this may be a sign that you should enroll in some form of course to improve your technical ability?

Also - although I think your logo really needs to be rethought and restarted, if you want to create a really nice glow line effect I'd recommend the following technique:

1) Create a path in photoshop
2) Set your brush to a nice soft brush of desired pixel width
3) Stroke the path with "similated brush pressure"
4) Apply a layer effect and use a soft outer glow of matching colour

To be honest I don't think logos are the place for glowing line, but thought I'd give you a technique I've found useful incase you want to use it for something else!

Yes I'm afraid I must agree...

Look - it's obvious you have a passion for design, and that's a good thing. But to make your work look more professional there are many many tips, tricks and rules to design that you'll find most of the members of this forum follow without even thinking about it - but that comes from experience.

Don't lose heart! Keep trying, fill your mind with the work and inspirations of others until it's ready to burst - and then try to figure out how these wonderful designs were achieved technically... if you struggle with that part, this may be a sign that you should enroll in some form of course to improve your technical ability?

Also - although I think your logo really needs to be rethought and restarted, if you want to create a really nice glow line effect I'd recommend the following technique:

1) Create a path in photoshop
2) Set your brush to a nice soft brush of desired pixel width
3) Stroke the path with "similated brush pressure"
4) Apply a layer effect and use a soft outer glow of matching colour

To be honest I don't think logos are the place for glowing line, but thought I'd give you a technique I've found useful incase you want to use it for something else!

Don't do any of that. Learn to use Illustrator. No professional logos are created in Photoshop. And printers will hate you for it.

Don't do any of that. Learn to use Illustrator. No professional logos are created in Photoshop. And printers will hate you for it.

Keep using Photoshop! It means there'll be more work for us Illustrator users when the customer comes to us with a 72dpi logo asking for it to be blown up for a wall hanging banner ;-P

Lol- I love it when people half read a message... As I said in my post: "To be honest I don't think logos are the place for glowing line, but thought I'd give you a technique I've found useful incase you want to use it for something else!"

This is because his glow line didn't look right, so I thought I'd at least point him in the right direction... I use illustrator for 90% of my logos too - wasn't suggesting they should All be pixel based with glowlines! Lol

Guys, guys. According to his bio this kid's 13... I'm not saying patronise him and pretend you like what he's done here, but for goodness' sake, would it hurt that much to be less aggro about it?

Back