Quick feedback needed, please.

Ant

Okay, so i am designing a site for someone, just would like some quick feedback if that's okay :D.

minqtt.png

This is just to help me learn more about designing web layouts etc. I'm no pro or anything. As people know how old i am from my hello thread :D.

~ a

Hi,

Some things you can improve..

Smaller navigation as its way too big at the moment..

The newsletter icon on the top right looks lost so make a container or something and put it inside with twitter and facebook icons

Loads of work need doing in the content area..

And the footer, the font shouldn't be bold, right copyright text and that should be on the left and vice a versa, I don't know why the texts aren't vertically centered

I just said that briefly but I hope someone will go more in detail!

And BTW you are not younger than me :D I'm 13

And BTW you are not younger than me :D I'm 13

no one cares.

Okay, so i am designing a site for someone, just would like some quick feedback if that's okay .

This is just to help me learn more about designing web layouts etc. I'm no pro or anything. As people know how old i am from my hello thread .

~ a

to be honest there are way too many textures (not physical ones, thanks onartis ;) i mean how it looks/feels when im referring to textures), no alignment and no real flow across the page.

saying that, it's good you're trying to get better at something by doing, and im glad you're critiquing your work instead of trying to show it off and disallowing any feedback.

Hi Ant,

I think it's pretty good for someone who has just started doing web layouts. A little plain maybe.

The logo is nice I think. I would try to extend the style of the branding throughout the site. The font is quite organic looking so maybe go a bit more in that direction with the website. Give it some Raw Chef style? :) Think textures, organic elements, health, garden, vegetables etc. It looks a little too corporate at the moment for a health food site in my humble opinion. Make it more playful and inviting so you want to eat the site ;). There are lots of niggles on the current layout, but I think you need to worry more about creative direction at this stage than smaller details.

Some examples of textured kind of styles here.

40 Textured Websites for Design Inspiration – DesignM.ag

Hope that helps in some way!

Soren

Thanks for all of the feedback. The owner of the website also wanted a few changes.

Like said, they didn't really like the newsletter part. I tried changing that slightly, tryed to make it look more into the layout.

They wanted the video on top. About me under it. And so on.

They were fine with the content, as they liked the simplicity of it. And they also stated that, that is really what they wanted in the brief.

2w34xug.png

It all seems disconnected. Lay off the news icon and completely rethink your header section.

Ant said:
Thanks for all of the feedback. The owner of the website also wanted a few changes.

Like said, they didn't really like the newsletter part. I tried changing that slightly, tryed to make it look more into the layout.

They wanted the video on top. About me under it. And so on.

They were fine with the content, as they liked the simplicity of it. And they also stated that, that is really what they wanted in the brief.

2w34xug.png

You still haven't fixed the footer and the newspaper still looks odd..

On the whole I like the design and wouldn't say its a bad start at all!

It does seem obvious that there is a lot of unused space in the header, perhaps the navigation could be moved up and sat beside the logo to make better use of space? You seem to be struggling with the news icon...

Yeah i am, the news icon is the main thing with me. The client needs a nice stand out newsletter subscription thing.

Hmm, what about if i put something like, a textbox and submit button next to the logo. To the right of course?

And about the copyright stuff. It will be green, whatever, it's one fixed solid colour. When it's coded and actually up on the site. She can sort out how she wants the copyright. But at the moment, thats how she has it on her site now.

2n0wn6.png

Back