Questions to ask at a visit to workplace? Help?

Swami11

Hi this is my first post im a new member as of today :icon_smile:

I've currently just completed my first year at university doing a BA Hons Degree in Graphic Design/ Visual Communication. As part of our holiday project we've been asked to go to local print/packaging companies for a short visit to gain a basic insight into the processes they employ and how these relate to the work of the Graphic Designer.

Just wondering if anyone could please help me think of relevant questions to ask while I visit some print/packaging companies? I have a few ideas but struggling to think of many :icon_confused:
Any help would be really appreciated!!
Thank you very much x

What sort of software they work with is always useful. Obviously the usual creative suite I would assume but there may be other packages you might not be aware of.

See how long things take to do, and more importantly how long they would expect you to take over a job if you were working there.

Processes involved in print, preparing artwork for repro. Common mistakes made by people supplying artwork on a disk,such as forgetting to convert RGB images to CMYK for print jobs etc.

Basically be friendly and look like you're willing to learn. Also be aware these people will be working whilst you're asking questions so they may be distracted. Find out if you can go in again if things are too busy which will show you are keen.

Good luck :icon_smile:

Are you called contour?
If the answer is yes, out the back door and run like bloody f*ck.

If the answer is No, proceed with caution.:icon_biggrin:

Back