PSD to HTML/CSS tutorials

Conway

Hi All

I am a graphic UI designer who has recently been looking into the coding side of websites, although the coding has become a difficult challenge to grasp and pick up. I have recently seen an excellent tutorial on a website called http://psdtuts.com/tutorials/interface-tutorials/create-a-sleek-high-end-web-design-from-scratch/ where the author takes you through the whole design phase of designing a web look and feel layout from scratch in Photoshop and then taking that same design he then shows you how to build the working version of it in dreamweaver using HTML and CSS. I think if you want to get a handle on web design process these are the best kind of tutorials to read and follow along with but you have to participate by doing it yourself. Not just read and say "ooh that looks interesting" Because by tomorrow you won't remember anything you have just read!! I find it hugely interesting because you get learn the WHOLE process rather than just one side or the other like a lot of other web design tutorials out there.

Sooo my question is does anyone know any any links/tutorial websites to ping my way that show you the design phase AND the build phase in putting together a website or even just the homepage??

Thanks guys, I look forward to your replys!!!

Last edited:
Thats brilliant mate.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I design the UI then pass it on to a web company to build. I know basic HTML and some simple CSS but these kind of tutorials are very very helpful.

Cheers.

Back