Problem with Illustrator!

Naby

Hey guys, as you can tell from the title, I got a problem with illustrator. I can't move objects with the arrow keys. I restarted it, turned off the computer, but nothing. I can move objects exclusively with the mouse, tried with other programs like photoshop, indesign and they seems to work, so I believe it's only illustrator that have some kinda issue or a bug, I don't know at this point. Please help. Thanks in advance!

hankscorpio

Staff member
Hey guys, as you can tell from the title, I got a problem with illustrator. I can't move objects with the arrow keys. I restarted it, turned off the computer, but nothing. I can move objects exclusively with the mouse, tried with other programs like photoshop, indesign and they seems to work, so I believe it's only illustrator that have some kinda issue or a bug, I don't know at this point. Please help. Thanks in advance!
Try reset your preferences.

scotty

Staff member
As Hank says.
Always works for me and it's safe to do.
You may need to reset a few of the preferences after but no biggie.

Naheed

Hi Naby,
Sometimes, our unknown and unintentional clicks disturb the setting of the commands. We only come to know when some issue occurs. So, at times such problems are resolved just by restarting the PC but as you say the problem was then and there, you need to reset the preferences.
When I was newbie, I used to face such little issues which then my guide used to settle and tell me where I had clicked wrongly.