Size: A4- 24 page booklet
colour: Full colour throughout
finishing: perfect bind, gloss/matt laminated cover
stock: 250gm cover - 130 silk inners
Quantities: 250,500,1000,1500

I need to mark it up so good prices please

Please consider Mulberry Square to have their hat in the ring

Hi Kreatif

I will pull some prices together for you tomorrow.

Peter's concern over the thickness may be an issue - I will consider possible alternative suggestions - Or it may be that the issue is more to do with the thickness of the cover material and the fact that it could effect the finishers ability to get a square back on the book.

This is our bread and butter work on the print side, quality and service is a given - please visit www.mulberrysquare.tv to find out more about us.

ATB, Craig.

Last edited:
Craig,

Can you elaborate on the problems experienced with cover thickness and dimensions. This is a new one to me?

We produce circa five books per month - never heard of this issue.

250gsm is actually very light, so is far easier to work with vs. hard cased.

Thanks

Peter

No problem Peter

Craig,

Can you elaborate on the problems experienced with cover thickness and dimensions. This is a new one on me?
We produce circa five books per month - never heard of this issue.

250gsm is actually very light, so is far easier to work with vs. hard cased.

Thanks

Peter

Good morning Peter

What you say is very true, the 250gsm with the laminate is not a heavy board by any stretch of the imagination. It is all about balance, thickness of the book vs thinkness of the cover, particularly when the perfect binding is being done by a craftsman, there are actually print finishers in our area who will not take on any perfect bound project with a cover above the spec we are talking about here no matter how thick the book is! The reason being that they consider a perfect bound book without a square back as being sub-standard.

You are correct in pointing out the thickness of the text leaves - here we are looking at less than 1.5mm for a 20 pager, then the cover will just about take it over 2mm, so not enough to get a square back unless the number of text pages are increased or the cover is very thin indeed.

At the end of the day I guess it comes down to how important such details are to Kreatif and the end client.

Hope this makes my comments a little clearer.

ATB, Craig.

Thanks

"Got the quote- Minuteman"

The client has not decided on exact number of pages yet but it is to resell to a few clients that have all expressed interest. At the moment the price is just to find whether the potential clients will be happy with the costs.

I will relay the prices once I got a few and see how it goes

If it takes, there should be a few of them done over the year but as far as pages and numbers go I'm not 100% sure, but I can always recommend they stay above the minimum.

Okay just to clarify

The spine does not necessarily need to be flat and the number of inners is 24 excluding cover
I have a sample at the moment that has a rounded spine and still looks good there is no cracking in the spine so I'm guessing its bean machine sealed

hope this helps

Print Estimate Submitted

Hi Kreatif

Estimate submitted.

Please keep talking to us and i'm sure that between us we'll get a formula that works.

ATB, Craig.

Back