Potential opportunity?? Any designers out there who have free time and nothing to loose

is this attractive ?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Need more information

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam_1991

Hi guys, my names Liam Morgan, I'm 24 and I'm novice designer/ideas man/inventor.
I live in Cardiff , South Wales.

I've had some good feedback and general good vibes from this forum. So I am going to make an exclusive offer. Please don't shoot me down, it's a request which I need to make to be able to test the water. if you don't ask you don't get, right?

Ok, so what's the offer?

I'm really hoping to find an Indivual who has the skill set that I don't have, but would still have the passion and drive that I have.
I have a few ideas, and will keep on having ideas. That's what I'm about! I have neglected these ideas for years and forgot more than I have today. Not good!

I have been running my own business for last 7 years. It's a creative design/construction company based in South Wales.
Although I have a passion for interior design etc, providing a service in today's economy and industry has proven to be lengthy and low rewarding process, personally for me.
So you could say that I am money hungry, which i have no shame in saying and money is certainly not a dirty word in my opinion.

So the time has come for me to focus on a business model that will generate a large amount of personal wealth and also a successful profitable company/company's.

I watch and read a lot about start ups and also witness in real life company's that turn over millions per year.
company's that get their foot in the door and pinch the smallest slice of the market can generate a large amount of money.
This is what gets me excited and I can't help butt think about ideas and products 24/7 !

I'm not saying this is easy, but it's certainly not impossible.
For now all I do is talk, this is not good enough. Actions speak louder than words but unfortunately I have taken a big pause. I have the ideas I have the confidence and have the drive! now I just need to develop them. So because this is new ground i thought it would be best to choose one of my, lets say simple products. I have pretty detailed drawings and have done my own research into R&D. I need 3D renders to present to investors I need CAD drawings to engineer prototypes.I also would like professionall input into each of my products, what will work best ect. What I quickly learnt that simply hiring a designer was way to expensive and even if i had the money I wouldent be truly satisfied because they would be focuses on their money and not my product.

I have spoken to people on people per hour who said they would quite happily create the work I need for next to nothing, but this is also not satisfying.

So I'm looking to build a team.
Now I now this offer will not suit every one, most people are busy doing their own things, which i totally appreciate. However I know there is people out there who have got the skills and know how, who may not have much going on at the moment. I'm not asking for money I'm asking for time. Time which I will work with you and also build a relationship.
I'm asking to join me on a venture, split the business. lets get work together and bounce some ideas around. I know by getting a product to the prototype stage I will find investors, I will approach buyers and we will succeed. I already have buyers in mind, the market is just right for my first idea/brand.

I welcome any response to this post as all comments will be taken as feed back, I'm also extremely keen to get things going, so hopefully this offer will strike a chord with a few people.

So please get in touch for more information

Thank you

Liam

Hi Liam, I get where you are going but I think that everything sounds a little vague.

Good reading if you are trying to get something off the ground:
"The Lean Startup" By Eric Ries
"The 4-hour Workweek" By Timothy Ferriss
"Zero to One"by Blake Masters and Peter Thiel

What I quickly learnt that simply hiring a designer was way to expensive and even if i had the money I wouldent be truly satisfied because they would be focuses on their money and not my product.[/FONT]
This is the issue in a nutshell. Speaking as a professional designer, I simply can't afford to invest time into a project that doesn't benefit me financially because I'm running a business and a business has to make money. Furthermore, personal experience has taught me that clients who aren't invested financially are far more likely to walk away half way through (well, not even that far into it in most cases), or seek multiple designers and just pick and choose what they use.

I'm not asking for money I'm asking for time.
You're asking for a specific skillset and expertise and experience, therefore you should be prepared to pay for it. There are organisations in place to aid start ups, financially as well as just offering information and advice, these are a good place to start.

Last edited:
Time = Money

That's business 101.

Every second I type a letter on the keyboard, every email, every phone call, every meeting, every moment I work on a design - it's all time and it's chargeable. I rarely charge by the hour any more - I charge by product, type of client and what their budget is. It's been a strange change of working and billing, but it's far more rewarding. You have no budget, therefore I have no time. Your project doesn't interest me as I have no idea what your idea is.

Seems you came here looking for free work - which is not allowed on these forums. Everyone deserves to be paid for their work.

You're welcome to post your project - you don't have to state a budget. But folks will quote you - and you can request directly from them to view their portfolio.

Based on their portfolio and estimate to complete the work you can choose who you want to work with. Whatever way you can muster up the way you want to be pay and the way they want to be paid - that's between you.

But don't post looking for some sucker to work for free for absolutely no reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back