Portrait illustration criticism

foxfoxfox

Made my first portrait illustration this past week and would like some feedback please

Attachments

• redhead vector portrait teal bcgrnd.png
    redhead vector portrait teal bcgrnd.png
    851.2 KB · Views: 9
I am assuming this was traced over a photo. It appears a little static and lifeless, as often happens when this is done, as opposed to being drawn from life (or memory). That said, the face and the hair are quite nicely done. However, there is a bit of a problem with the shading on the shoulder and neck, in that it appears more as though she has a broken neck than she is looking cocquettishly over her shoulder at the viewer.

I ran out of time to edit my first reply, so here is an addendum… Perhaps even just deepening the shadow a bit on the left of her face/neck might help. The modeling of the shoulder could do with being improved so it is clearer that it is the nearest part to the viewer. Hope this helps.

Similar to Sprout, lose the big shadow under the chin. That mid-tone is a shade too dark for me, and maybe blend in the hair line a bit more.
Otherwise, pretty good.

I ran out of time to edit my first reply, so here is an addendum… Perhaps even just deepening the shadow a bit on the left of her face/neck might help. The modeling of the shoulder could do with being improved so it is clearer that it is the nearest part to the viewer. Hope this helps.

Hey, thanks for taking the time to reply with such a detailed response. Yeah the shoulder and neck area was a bit tricky for me haha but I'll work at it. Thanks

Back