Portfolio layout help needed!

LMAshlee

I have a project in my portfolio that consists of three poster designs. Because they are so bold I want to have one per page, but this leaves a large amount of white space as my portfolio is landscape. I thought about putting mockups with each of them but this leaves a blank page next to the last one and I have another project to put into the portfolio. You aren't supposed to start a new project on the same page so stuck on what to do?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-03 at 16.43.59.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-03 at 16.43.59.png
    937.1 KB · Views: 13
As you don't say what size they are or how you're actually presenting them you IMO have two options.

• rotate them to portrait and get the viewer to turn the portfolio etc
  • adjust them to be 3 on one page with a clear white spacing between them.

It will be an pdf (so digital) of the spreads as shown in the image, which probably means they can't rotate the portfolio. I'm worried that 2 or more to one page is too busy for a viewer though?

Last I checked (been a while in all honesty) PDF's can handle portrait and landscape in the same file.....

Yes you can definitely have portrait and landscape and different page sizes in a PDF.

In fact - just take the designs you have and use Acrobat Pro to combine all your files into a single file.

However, I notice you might be using InDesign here - and InDeisgn itself can have different page sizes and orientation - just use the Page Tool

All in all for a portfolio - I think this needs a bit of dressing on it to make it look nicer.

Back