Photoshop help :)

Bigfish

Hi Chaps,

Im very new to PS ect... but have a little question and some help in a couple of basic edits

So hoping some of your wizards can help me out?

I basically have a logo design (png) and would simply like to put the image on to a picture (jpeg) of a hooded top, BUT would like the cords of the hooded top to be onto of the logo, if thats makes sense? I can put the image on the top no problem, but cant figure out how to layer it to be under the cords.

Anyone know an easy way to do it? Ive watched a few Youtube vides of how to put text behind images, but cant work it out ha ha

Any help would be great, many Thanks

Place the logo on top of the image in position, keep both layers, then you just need to cut out part of the logo so the cords show through.

The way I would do this is I would hide the logo layer, use the 'polygonal lasso tool' to carefully select the outer most edges of the cord in question, show the logo layer and select it, then just delete the selected area with the eraser tool (** Although i'm no designer and others may have a better approach **)

As above. You can simply delete the bits of the logo you don't need by using the lasso or eraser tools.

Thanks for the quick replies, which layer would you delete the logo from using the eraser tool? remember Im a bit of newbie with PS ha ha :)

Attachments

• hoodie mock up - 1.jpg
    hoodie mock up - 1.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 8
I've done LOADS of these before and deffo go with what's been said and layer it but don't use the eraser as it will be much harder, take longer and not look as good.

If you really want to make it look like a real print then there's a few tricks you can use to get the shading and highlights of the garment on top of the print.
Also (if you really want to go to town) you could make a displacement map to make the graphic bend with the waves of the fabric.

I don't use the eraser as it's destructive, in that it erases the image.
Using layer masks is non-desctructive as you add and remove to the mask to reveal or hide what's behind the mask.
@scotty good idea with the displacement map - it's deadly way of making it look truly pro

Back