Personal Logo/ Brand Identity Process - Help Appreciated!

StephenSanity

Hello, I am an Industrial Designer designing a personal logo/ monogram and graphic identity for use on my website, CV, business cards etc..
Really appreciate some advice from you graphic gurus.

Brand: S C Design
In addition to the basic traits of a good logo, the goal for the project is to represent my work as an industrial designer.
After brainstorming I selected these key traits of my work to convey in the logo:
- sophisticated/ modern
- simple/ iconic
- symbolize creativity/ design work
- a touch of sci-fi

sketch directions:
1.] "C" and "D" stacked vertically to create an "S" . . .C and D shape are abstracted from pencil tips, like the pencil tips to represent my work, but gut instinct are pencils are cliche' designer logos..

2.] Slanted rectangle repeated to create initials..like the repetition of shape, but lacks the content of symbolizing creativity

3.] Negative space C and D appear as a spaceship..but no solution yet for integrating the S in the symbol...like the sci fi aspect...needs more sketch ideas

this was the first round of ideas..already thinking I should start at the beginning of the process again..
Screen Shot 2013-06-18 at 1.59.48 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-06-18 at 1.52.37 PM.jpg

I think 'a' would be the obvious one, but I don't see why it can't be a proper S with a break in the centre and no overlap.

I like C. but only the first part. The other 'stacks', for lack of a better word, make the logo quite long. I think just the first part is simple enough to work as a monogram, plus I like the somewhat abstract nature of it.

wardy - Ill try that out
Paul - I agree, was too stuck on trying to get the D in there, definitely works better with out it

Thanks

some edits ...
a. - simplified evolution of stacks, simplicity is good but loses the S completely
b-e. negative space S theme from C and D ...generic but strong
Screen Shot 2013-06-21 at 12.32.17 PM.jpg

Back