Personal business cards

Paul Murray

Ultimate Member
Ok, so I'm looking to take advantage of Boss's amazing business card deal this weekend and came up with this quick concept for a two-sided design. What are people's thoughts? I wasn't sure about the Magenta on the reverse but I think it helps take the edge off all the white type on that side.

Business-Card-mock-ups.jpg

*Edit* Just noticed a few kerning errors in the type, though I'm blaming that on Photoshop distorting the image :D

Paul Murray

Ultimate Member
Thanks, I've made a few changes since (sorted the kerning in 'paul' and aligned the comma to the i below it). I'm gonna take a fresh look tomorrow when I'm not so tired :)

Paul Murray

Ultimate Member
Probably not since I don't think spot UV is included in Boss's deal :icon_biggrin:

Hopefully the magenta (well, it's actually 100% M, 20% Y I think) will work against the black without gloss. I'm not really a fan of UV if I'm honest, unless it's done well :)

Paul Murray

Ultimate Member
I'm debating it.

I'd like to think people would think to check the domain name in my email address, but you know how confused some people can get. Also I don't think the domain name will fit in with the contact details (ties in with "get in touch"). I don't really want to include the address on the other side either, if I can help it as I really like the simplicity of just the statement.

ARRIVALS

Like em. Much prefer the 2nd version. Though I'd make the info text slightly smaller and add your web address - it's amazing how many people will miss that.

Really like the typeface by the by, what is it?

Paul Murray

Ultimate Member
Ok, I've narrowed it down to two options. I think I know which I prefer but I'd like everyone else's opinions before I part with my hard-earned...

Option 1
CardMock1.jpg

Option 2
CardMock2.jpg

Stationery Direct

Administrator
Staff member
For me with the www. ...just looks strange without it although everyone does know to add it when typing it in their browser.

dedwardp

I prefer the top one... but it wasn't until I read Boss Hog's comment that I could even see the difference!

Dave L

Without the www: as a general rule (neither hard nor fast) I'd probably include it but here I think you get a bit of an undesirable visual effect having 'paulmurraydesign.com' repeated on consecutive lines when it's only very slightly misaligned.

Nice card, by the way.