OS X Lion

djb

Apologies if there’s another thread for this, couldn’t find it though!

Has anyone upgraded to this recently, preferably whilst using CS 5?

Any massive issues? I’ve read that Flash has a few problems but everything else is pretty much OK which is fine for me as all I really use is Acrobat, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. I do also use Bootcamp to feed my addiction to F1 games but I’m guessing this wouldn’t be affected in the slightest.

Just wondering whether to splash out the £20.99 on staying up-to-date.

Been using it since the day it was released and it's a great upgrade for the money. Airdrop is a really cool piece of software and i love the swiping feature on web browsing.

I don't use Flash but haven't found any problems with any of the other CS5 apps.

My advice would be to go for it :)

My scrolling has gone upside down and, like most software products you buy these days, a nice printed instruction manual telling me what all the new things are wouldn’t have gone amiss.

Other than that, the computer hasn’t died, everything seems to work, so all good!

My scrolling has gone upside down and, like most software products you buy these days, a nice printed instruction manual telling me what all the new things are wouldn’t have gone amiss.

Other than that, the computer hasn’t died, everything seems to work, so all good!

You can change the inverted scrolling back to your preferred state in System Preferences. Also, a list of all of the features is available at the OS X Lion website.

Cheers, I absolutely had to reset the scrolling but am trying my hardest to actually use some of the new features - going to print that web page out and stick it on the wall along with the different swiping thingies.

I've found that I use lots of the new swipe features since I've switched to a Magic Mouse

ps. I agree with you about the reverse scrolling - I lasted about 2 hours before changing it!

Back