Organisational re-brand - Liverpool Guild of Students

LGoS

Liverpool Guild of Students are looking to commission a re-brand, firms who may be interested our invited to tender.

We are a registered charity that represents the interests of, and provides services to over 17,000 students at the University of Liverpool, and are currently undergoing a £13.75m refurbishment of our building.

Full details of the application process are included in the attached invitation to tender document, along with key objectives and requirements of the project.

You can also find out more information on our website www.lgos.org/rebrand, or feel free to contact our Digital & Design Coordinator Shaun Holdom-Eyles, who will be happy to answer any questions that you may have.

The deadline for submissions is 5pm on the 8th March 2013.

Have you guys ever considered using a crowdsourcing site for your project? It might be worth a go if you're a charity. I know Unicef and WWF recently did something like that...

Have you guys ever considered using a crowdsourcing site for your project? It might be worth a go if you're a charity. I know Unicef and WWF recently did something like that...

As a majority community of professionals, we're not particularly fond of the crowdsourcing fad. Besides the issue of exploiting people and having a negative impact on the industry (not to mention the suspect issue of automatically handing over copyrights to any idea or design you submit), these sites are frequented by amateurs, and as such the quality of the work leaves a lot to be desired. If you're getting a new building that's costing £13.75m, the last thing you want is an amateurish logo stuck on the front. That would be a little like paying for an expensive wedding cake, then sticking some Poundland figures on top :icon_biggrin:

As a majority community of professionals, we're not particularly fond of the crowdsourcing fad. Besides the issue of exploiting people and having a negative impact on the industry (not to mention the suspect issue of automatically handing over copyrights to any idea or design you submit), these sites are frequented by amateurs, and as such the quality of the work leaves a lot to be desired. If you're getting a new building that's costing £13.75m, the last thing you want is an amateurish logo stuck on the front. That would be a little like paying for an expensive wedding cake, then sticking some Poundland figures on top :icon_biggrin:

I second this ^

Thanks paul, I've done some research and I see what your saying! Shame there's not a more ethical or elitist approach to it going on. It's like there's no quality control whatsoever.

Back