New Member, Hi.

marrionrogers

Hey Designers.
I am new to this forum. I am a Graphic Designer in Trinidad and Tobago. I love Graphic Designing and I want to become the Best that I can be in the Design Field.
Recently I designed a Flyer for a Church and the client treated me and my design with real contempt after working with him and changing the designs Six (6) times. After this experience I decided I needed to have my work critiqued by others because now I question my proficiency and my Talent on the whole. Can anyone help me?
Marrion.

Attachments

Levi

Staff member
Hi, welcome to the forum.

Quick feedback... I've seen worse but I've also seen better.

Web address is wrong (live not liv)....
The picture of the guy is actually out of focus (it's not due to low res imo)

Can't say much about the other designs as they're not shown but you get a certain 'vibe' from his online presence that screams that the 'church' is more about 'him' (and the money that comes with it) than religion/helping others.... which might explain his attitude towards you.

marrionrogers

Hi, thanks for your feedback.
However, I don't understand two things.
1; When you say you've seen worse and better, what would you suggest I improve on?
2; How do you mean that he is "Out of focus"?
All of the information is what he provided, including the fact that he wanted himself prominently positioned in the design.

Levi

Staff member
1 - It's like I say I've seen worse and I've seen better...it's not something you can just quantify.
2 - It's a photo and blurry.... it's out of focus

Wardy

It's difficult for us to critique as we don't know what the brief was, but it doesn't really make you want to go, all it says is the time and place.
Two or three typos don't help, and you should've asked for a better image, but the positioning of it isn't great.