Need help with drawing in affinity designer

eyefinest

Hello everybody,my name is Roberto amd im new on this forum and a beginner in drawing.i know that there are more experience artist here and hope to get some guidance and andwers on my questions.
Firstly im a affinity designer user on desktop.after looking for tutorials on youtube about drawing and found a channel and i loved the style of drawimg.but the problem is that she draws with procreate fforipad.sadly i cant afford an ipad but want to know if this style also can archieved with affinity designer.here is the link of the example video.

Is there somebody who has experience with drawing in affinity designer for drawing in this style.or maybe some tutorials how to reach this level of drawing.
Is it also possible to something like that in affinity designer?

Thanks in advance.

Gr roberto

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200608-214344_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20200608-214344_YouTube.jpg
    455.9 KB · Views: 0
I don't have any experience with Affinity but I'm pretty sure from looking online that you can get similar effects to that with Affinity. I just did a quick search and there seems to be lots of tuts
for Affinity. Don't forget that these people are probably professionals so they are making it look easy - with anything like this you need to start off with a pretty decent sketch
to start off with, and once you get into the inking stage you would definitely need a graphics tablet if you're on a desktop.

Wardy thanks for youre reply...yes i have a graphics tablet. Its a ugee 2150 graphics tablet with a screen and pen. So for me its the workflow, like in procreate,the smooth style and brushes. I understand that the artist is a pro, im just a beginner. And i looked lots of tuts but cant fond that style. There are not too much tuts for AD. Hope that somebody has a site where to find more info. But thanks for youre info so far.

One can waste a lot of time looking for the perfect tutorial that will tell you which brush to use or when to add a new layer, etc.
Sometimes it's best to just get stuck in and have a go yourself and through trial and error you'll find how best to work.

Back