My portfolio

Anglo Design

Hello there. I'm Chris ('topher, not 'tine). I've been designing for only a few months. I thought I'd be brave and post my portfolio here. I know my work is very basic and quite poor, but I'm new and self taught and I don't charge much yet, as I know I'm not good enough!

This is the portfolio gallery I'm using on my website right now, as I haven't quite learnt how to make a flash one myself yet:

Anglo Design - Portfolio

Take a look, and tell me if I'm ever gonna get better :icon_rolleyes:

Hi Anglo.

For someone who's only been designing for a few months that's very impressive. Your logo (anglodesign) is your best in my opinion, which is always a good thing! Really like that one. There's some other good work in there too, your City Removals logo could work well with a bit of tweaking.

I'm not speaking as an experienced designer, but that's my view.

Especially like your main site, it really sells yourself well.

I don't really like the effect you have on your logo when presented in your portfolio though, prefer it without that texture.

Nice stuff mate, keep at it for sure.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated! Luckily the City Removals one was only for fun and not for an actual company! :) I'd like to have a play with it maybe as my concept was the van moving the city, which might be pretty cool.

Cheers for taking a look bud, I'll take your comments on board.

Last edited:
No worries. If you're thinking of changing the City Removals one I would remove the underline part from underneath the text, doesn't fit with the rest of it for me. Like it otherwise.

Also, add a link in your signature mate, more publicity.

Hi Chris

Your work is alot better than a fair few so called professional designers I see on the web so your off to a good start, I'd concentrate on what your trying to communicate through your work rather than using effects and styles as ideas will always be around ans effects and styles will go in and out of fashion. You have a good foundation to build on maybe study some of the top designers, and try and find out how they approach their work etc. See you around Chris

That is great advice. I really appreciate your comments, thanks very much.

Xenonsoft: I've changed the city removals logo, and removed the silly texture from my logo on the opening portfolio page. I think it looks better, cheers mate.

Last edited:
Like the guys have said mate, you've got some good work there considering you've only been at it for a couple of months. Keep it up :icon_thumbup:

Only thing I'll say is that you've misspelled the word stationery on your main menu and on your portfolio drop down menu, you've put stationary which means to stand still :icon_smile:

Like the guys have said mate, you've got some good work there considering you've only been at it for a couple of months. Keep it up :icon_thumbup:

Only thing I'll say is that you've misspelled the word stationery on your main menu and on your portfolio drop down menu, you've put stationary which means to stand still :icon_smile:

Oops :icon_rolleyes:

Thanks for pointing that out, I shall get that changed! :icon_biggrin:

All about effort

Of course you will get better - if you are willing to put in thousands of hours of practice over the years, you will get much much better, who would not?

It's all about dedication on the most part and a bit of basic talent. It seems to me that you definitely have basic talent and creativity and so with practice you should be a pretty good at some point and probably not that far in the future if you put in as much practice time as possible.

I'm self taught - you should see some of my total horrors from 7yrs ago - Truly Ace Graphic Design Blog

Best Wishes

Amanda

Back