My logo designs are uncreative, unprofessional and overpriced...

Paul Murray

Ultimate Member
... at least according to the owner of this site;

customlogoshop.com/index.html (don't want to link to it from here)

My work clearly isn't up to their professional standard...

logo1.jpg
logo3.jpg
logo-19.jpg
logo-11.jpg

Read WTF this is all about in this thread... Logo Design Trade - UK Business Forums

I saw :p

I wasn't trying to attack him or be a design snob, just trying to point out that professional design doesn't happen for £50. Frankly I'm more concerned that he's misleading people by referring to the designs as 'professional'.

You can't beat a good internet argument though!

Ha! well maybe one day we can all produce logos that are as good as these!, blughh! Untill then we can just look on in sheer disbelief.
Dont let them get too you :)

Dont let them get too you :)

He's not, I just thought it was funny how he was comparing his designs to mine. Mine may not be professional level yet but at least I know what kerning is :icon_smile:

I've always maintained that people can say whatever the hell they like about my work. so long as I'm happy with what I've done (and the client, obviously).

I seen this via Twitter earlier today. Made me giggle a bit. What did he say again?

'My designs are better than your boring black and white designs' or something along those lines? haha.

Something about them being more professional and creative then my simple designs.

That statement is surely proof he has no understanding of logo design. I bet he doesn't even try and charge extra for each layer effect!

Something about them being more professional and creative then my simple designs.

That statement is surely proof he has no understanding of logo design. I bet he doesn't even try and charge extra for each layer effect!

You mean drop shadows and outerglows are free? :icon_scared: :icon_biggrin:

Meh, idiots. The clients are just as bad though, the amount I have done logos for recently who want "web 2.0 style" - i.e "can it have gradients and a shine, can it please, can it?"

I would say so :icon_biggrin: I can't believe somebody actually recommended that idiot. His work is, umm, crap - and that's being polite :icon_lol:

I had a look at both your graphic design portfolio, and the other designer in question's portfolio via the web link. In my opinion, you can definitely disregard their ridiculous statement. I suppose some people take too much pride in their own work to see it for what it really is.

p.s
some very neat design solutions you have there in your portfolio :)

i had to go and view this website Paul, and i must say, some of them images are the type that i wouldnt even place on clip art! The only thing that company have going for them is the fact idiot are prepared to pay for low quality designs..

some very neat design solutions you have there in your portfolio :)

I'm just trying to point out that people are claiming to offer professional design services, when in facts it's nowhere near professional quality. It's misleading since your average Joe doesn't know the first thing about professional design.

It's frustrating trying to educate people on the value of professional design when they continue to think with their wallets though.

Back