Motion Graphics - Best way to ACCURATELY replicate this

Hmm?

I'm never quite sure of that.
I usually set mine to 24fps or 30fps but when I've Googled it before you get assorts of answers like 29.(whatever)fps.

I found this: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1166603

They just so happen to be talking about digital projection..

"the standard in the US is 23.976"

@scotty Do you reckon that is also the standard frame rate for digital projectors in the UK?

Obviously, I will ask my client but chances are they won't have a clue what frame rate their projector works at...

I would imagine that they're pretty standard across the board but to be honest, I've never really understood why people opt for 23.976fps over 24fps.

I'd imagine it's something to do with encoding the video rather than quality.

I've watched LOADS of Ae tut's and they never really make a big thing of the fps so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Just had a word with my client, a bit of a misunderstanding, it's not going to be projected in the standard way I had imagined onto a wall, it's going to be projected onto glass via an LED HDTV output. So that's what I need to set up my comp for the HDTV not the projection as the TV is the output for the motion graphics piece I create. (I have probably explained that poorly but it made total sense when my client explained and showed me pics haha)

That being said, I believe our TVs in the UK display PAL and run on 25FPS right?

I'm not quite sure to be honest.

I guess it'd be easy to test if your TV is HD (I'm sure it is) ;) as that should be the same output.

If you have any worries you could render it out in a couple of frame rates to be safe.

You've got me thinking now. :(

I would imagine that they're pretty standard across the board but to be honest, I've never really understood why people opt for 23.976fps over 24fps.

I'd imagine it's something to do with encoding the video rather than quality.

I've watched LOADS of Ae tut's and they never really make a big thing of the fps so I'm not sure what the issue is.

It's something to do with the output device eg. when you go to the cinema it runs 23.976fps not 24fps, but a lot of people just round it up and say 24fps. But mainly it is to do with the way the fps are divided when being run on particular devices hence why blu-ray looks better than a standard dvd for example, while if you play a standard dvd in a blu-ray player the dvd does not look any better

But it is very important, when doing any motion graphics piece, to think about the output device so that you know how to set up your comp correctly. If for example you created a comp at 29.97FPS and the device output is 15FPS that could turn out to be a nightmare especially if audio is involved...

Back