Miss Ko - Tattoos in Paris

T

Tony Hardy

Just saw the new branding for Miss Ko, a Paris based Asian fusion food restaurant.
It's pretty slick. Think these tattoos are real or not?
bcards_0.jpg

miss_ko_square_2.jpg

miss_ko_cr_boards_page_1_0.jpg

Full article can be found here; http://www.creativereview.co.uk/cr-blog/2013/february/meet-miss-k333-a-restaurant-identity-by-gbh

The only thing I'm really not sure on is the menu design...too tall and out of place with the little menus?

Pretty cool, I think it's a digital tattoo though, but not 100% sure! Could be body paint?
The rice logo reminds me of the predator arm...
Predator2_59.jpg

the site does say.....
"The artwork for Miss Kō's colourful tattoos was created by Horikitsune (aka Alex Kofuu Reinke), the only European to have trained as an apprentice (for more than 15 years) in the traditional Japanese art of Irezumi (tattooing)"
amazing if it's for real, but does that just meant the artwork itself..
Tom

Hi Tom,

I looked over that bit of text a few times too trying to figure out what it means! I posted in the comments hoping someone would reply, no luck yet though.

The tall menu actually works for me, not sure about it's 'family friendly' imagery but the design is reminiscent of how chopsticks are packaged/arrive in Japan.
As to the womans tattoo's, theres a side of me saying they're real and a side of me saying they're not... it's more than possible for a woman to have that much covering but it just seems too colourful/vivid for traditional japanese Irezumi imagery... just look at the tattooists site and you'll see what I mean about the more 'muted' colour palette

I think it's a mixture, some of it on the female might be a real tattoo but colours enhanced on screen, not sure on the brand though!
P.S - It reminded me of Predator as well!

I've a real thing for ladies with tattoos. Not talking blue anchors or blurry stars and butterflies. I'd be absolutely delighted with a woman adorned with such ink. Ha.
Not keen on the logo element of the branding although I like their typography and lightbox in the above image..... I can always appreciate well implemented letterspacing with room to breath.

Tony Hardy said:
Just saw the new branding for Miss Ko, a Paris based Asian fusion food restaurant.

It's pretty slick. Think these tattoos are real or not?
Tattoo is my FAVORITE ART. These guys/gals are beyond talented imo, because a delete button or eraser don't exist! They are all real. Check out these artists for absolute realism and their portfolios from around the world http://www.tattooartproject.com
Check these out..

38cecaa86e1786d0138191b9110927f1.jpg

3dd63b9c4548cc98f10936d860d89d31.jpg

e784dc07c0dd903b14c6d17023fd3af5.jpg

35ce7fe704777cdbe9cf35e35da9d7e8.jpg

613ad50bc0da5d31ecd083cdc78ec234.jpg

9553f81dff9ea42da1245d813291e6ec.jpg

aa14c4bcf6bf5001d93af24d2a56555a.jpg

So obsessed! I love tattoos

dasikins said:
So obsessed! I love tattoos
Have you got any? :)

One of my best mates is a tattooist, just finished his business cards in return for free tattoo work! :D Awesome.

Tony Hardy said:
Have you got any? :)

One of my best mates is a tattooist, just finished his business cards in return for free tattoo work! :D Awesome.
Lucky!!!!
I have 3 and getting a fourth one for my belated B-day. The problem is now I want something like the ones above. Mine are ok, but not as good as the pictures we put up. They are expensive and out of the area. Plus I tend to procrastinate :)
I would have a sleeve of tattoos if I could! Unfortunately, corporate America frowns upon that. Since they might have to pay my bills again soon I have to be cautious of placement.
What about you? Do tell

dasikins said:
What about you? Do tell
I don't have any yet. I play loads of live music and honestly, I must be the only guy in the room sometimes without some area of my body adorned with tattoos.

Can't wait to get my first one, just haven't got a clue what to get.

Post some pictures of yours? :) Might make a tattoo thread actually!

Tony Hardy said:
I don't have any yet. I play loads of live music and honestly, I must be the only guy in the room sometimes without some area of my body adorned with tattoos.

Can't wait to get my first one, just haven't got a clue what to get.

Post some pictures of yours? :) Might make a tattoo thread actually!
What???!! My cousin plays bass in a band and he doesn't have any either. So weird ;) I would recommend looking at the designs I posted above. Get something THAT amazing. Mine are pretty crappy compared to those. Art is art and these guys are just amazing and creative.
I only have a picture of one. It's from when my mom died. I have another one on my left shoulder which is a color 3-D fish and one on my foot which covers about half of it. NEVER get one on your foot. NEVER lol
437_105721410130_1176_n.jpg

Back