Minimum Age for Studio Experience?

Erm , So Time to start thinking about next year

I'll be starting college in Septemember 2010 time , with my majors being

Product Design - Computer Programming - Maths

Im about to finish my GCSE exams in the next few months

Just wondered what the kind of minamum age would be to get some studio experience? When I begin college -
and if So what kind of Grades on my GCSE's would I need?

Regards

I don't think there is a minimum age so long as you can find someone/where to take you on. That said, some companies may be reluctant if you're under a certain age due to insurance and laws about how many hours you can work (if your under 16 for example). Just get in touch with all local studios and I'm sure if you ask nicely you'll get something.

With regards to GCSE grades, this depends on what you plan to do after...If you want to go to uni than you should be aiming for at least 5 x C+, and if you want to do graphic design at uni than you need a strong emphasis on art/design subjects. If you want to go straight into a design job than I would assume a portfolio is more inmportant than grades, but qualifications would most probably be the thing to get you to the stage where they actually see your folio anyway. If you simply want to work for yourself, I than I could say that grades don't matter one bit, but in reality they do.

Do your best in all your subjects so you'll have something to fall back on if you don't 'make it' in design or you change your mind along the way.

I've read some of your other posts and I find it quite inspiring that someone of your age is so passionate...Keep it up and good luck!

I've read some of your other posts and I find it quite inspiring that someone of your age is so passionate...Keep it up and good luck!

Haha Thanks

I have a cycle i.e.. I invest time in something , then move on , then come back to it
Ive spent like 4 months doing Nothing , and Ive just found my old postcard I did in early march - April time hahaha

postcardq.jpg

I gotta be realistic in what I wana achieve , Aswell as being attached to a major Canadian / US marketing agency Neutralvibe ~ clear... creative... consistent ( works alot with major us companies i.e. EA ) I write voluntary for thier magazine as they contacted me first and besides Game Developing and learning c#

I gotta get back to Graphic Design - as its connected alot to marketing and the way we think about things , sounds cliche but its true

Back